Tuesday, April 28, 2009

TRENDY THANK YOU!



I'm back! Sorry for my absence lately. My son was sick and then our computer got sick. Now I'm trying to get my mojo back from being out of the creative loop for awhile. So hopefully I'm on my way.

I made this thank you card for a friend of my mom's. I was trying for a masculine card, however I think this may go either way. I used Kiwi Kiss for the base of the card and stamped the dotted circles in Kiwi Kiss all over the base of the card except for where I knew I would be placing the strip of DSP. I cut a strip of the Good Morning Sunshine DSP and added a scallop edge to it with the scallop edge punch, I then matted that on Very Vanilla and Chocolate Chip CS. At the bottom I tied some 1/4" grosgrain ribbon in Chocolate Chip and Very Vanilla. I then stamped the trees from the Trendy Tree Stamp Set (this stamp set is a two step stamp set however it is a super easy set to use, I love it) using Kiwi Kiss, Chocolate Chip and Summer Sun. I matted it also on Kiwi Kiss and Chocolate Chip CS and adhered it using demensionals. The thank you sentiment is also from the same stamp set and there you have it a simple and quick thank you card. It's not always easy for me to come up with a masculine card so I hope this card helps those of you that struggle with a male card. Now tell me what you think.

1 comment:

  1. HI there,
    I've been browsing your blog and really love some of your projects. I am hosting a swap on my blog and wonered if you would be interested in participating. Sign ups end on the 5th. Check it when you get a chance and let me know
    http://www.stamptimesomewhere.com
    Jeanna

    ReplyDelete