Tuesday, May 12, 2009

PARTY HEARTY~ HAPPY 60TH


So if you are anything like my family the next couple of months are pretty busy with birthdays, so I have lots of cards to make. I actually made this card a few months back for my father~in~law. I thought that I would share it with all of you because I think it's a cute and simple card. Most of all it was made for a man and I definitely struggle with a masculine card but I think I made it work here.
OK so let's get started on the recipe for this card. This is a standard size card and the base of it is Textured Baja Breeze CS. At the bottom of this card I cut Basic Gray CS and matted Urban Garden DSP. I stamped the 60 in Basic Gray using the Short Order Numbers stamp set. I also matted the number 60 onto Baja Breeze and Basic Gray CS (which I cut to size myself). I popped the 60 with dimensionals to give it a little more dimension. The "B is for Birthday" sentiment was from the Party Hearty stamp set and was stamped in Not Quite Navy onto Whisper White CS. I matted that to Baja Breeze and Basic Gray CS. I added a jumbo eyelet to the corner of the sentiment and ran Basic Gray taffeta ribbon to make it look like it was hanging from the card. In the center of the "B" I added just a bit of glitter and stamped party hearty to the bottom right hand corner. I am happy with the way this card came out. What do you think of it?

No comments:

Post a Comment