Thursday, May 14, 2009

"VOILA" HAPPY BIRTHDAY



Good afternoon my Creative friends. I made this card for one of my many cousins. As I said in a earlier post the next couple of months are pretty busy for my family with birthdays, so this is one of the many birthday cards that you will be seeing.

This is a 5x5 card. And if your wondering yes SU! does make envelopes that fit this size ;0). The base of the card is Kraft CS and matted with Manchester DSP. Using Manchester DSP I cut the Scallop Circle using the Scallop circle die cut and the coluzzle to cut out the center. My chef is from the stamp set Voila. I stamped him using black stazon ink and stamped him onto Very Vanilla CS (I cheated to be honest, I was trying to avoid coloring him in so I thought very vanilla was my best bet). His chef jacket and hat are Manchester DSP as well. The Hat was popped up using dimensionals. The inks I used to color in the cake and his scarf are Always Artichoke, Baja Breeze and YoYo Yellow. "Just for you on your birthday" sentiment is from the Chit Chat rub~ons (love em'). I added a touch of dazzling diamonds to the candle for a bit of sparkle. To finish it off I tied a bow with Baja Breeze striped grosgrain ribbon. Voila and there you have it. I will be sad to see the in colors retire especially Baja Breeze I love it and use it often. I liked the way it turned out and hope you do too.
TIP: I used the stamp~a~ma~jig to ensure that my chef and the cake were exactly where I wanted them positioned. To find out more look on pg.189 in your SU! catalog.


No comments:

Post a Comment