Saturday, March 28, 2009

RASPBERRY KISS BUTTERFLY


So this was one of the cards that was made on Thursday nights Stamp a stack. Raspberry Tart is one of my favorite DSP. I love how it combines the Rose Red and Kiwi Kiss colors. This card was inspired by a blog that I follow, her name is Jenny M and she is a SU! demonstrator located in the UK http://www.stampingmoments.blogspot.com/ I played around with it a bit to try and make it a little bit different. My cousin & I like to do workshops together and we both thought it was a great way to allow the girls to play with the BIG SHOT that we love so much :0)!
This is a standard size card. The base of the card is Rose Red then matted with Very Vanilla and then again with Kiwi Kiss using the eyelet scallop on the edge to give it a bit of elegance. I matted the Raspberry Tart onto the Kiwi Kiss using two of the different designs. I used the Scallops #2 Die cut and my coluzzle to cut out a rose red center circle (coluzzle is now discontinued). Using the Butterfly Die cut I then cut the smallest butterfly in very vanilla and stamped the flower in rose red from the Pocket Silhouettes stamp set. I added in Rose Red the little swirl at the bottom of the butterfly from the Season of Joy stamp set (who said that you can't use x~mas stamp sets all year round, LOL). Hopefully I did Jenny proud thank you for the inspiration.

1 comment:

  1. How happy I was to see my fave combo on your card...Raspberry Tart and Butterflies! I love how you stamped the image on just one part of the butterfly. Jenny will be delighted to see this card!

    ReplyDelete